Over 11,000 five-star assets
Rated by 85,000+ customers
Supported by 100,000+ forum members
November 4, 2021
On the Publisher portal, you can check if a user has officially acquired your asset on the Asset Store. Ask a user to provide the invoice number, order ID or product code they receive upon asset acquisition, go to the Invoices panel and verify the purchase.
Curation status indication
October 28, 2021
Curation status indicates the expected waiting time / position in the queue for the packages that are being curated (1) and gives feedback for rejected packages (2). A lightning icon next to a pending package (3) means this package was set to auto-publish mode upon submission and will be published automatically once accepted. The packages that were not set to be auto-published require manual publishing.
A detailed explanation of rejection reasons (4) is available on the individual package page.
August 26, 2021
The updated review management panel is made available on the new publisher portal. It enables publishers to
- Organise reviews by utilising a set of filters
- Search for specific reviews with keywords
- Respond to reviews from the publisher portal
- Browse review history
The review history feature appends timestamps to all original, edited and deleted reviews and replies, so that publishers can keep track on their communication with customers.
Accepted Unity versions
August 12, 2021
Asset submissions on Publisher Portal are now following Unity Editor LTS cycles to ensure consistent user support and adoption of new technology.
New assets need to be uploaded from Unity version 2019.4 LTS or higher.
Existing assets can remain on the store as they are.
Updates must be uploaded from Unity version 2018.4 or higher. This means that updates to assets will not be accepted from Unity 2018.3 and older Editor versions.
Check Unity Forum post* for more information and discussion.
* You can request access to the private Asset Store Publisher Forum by submitting this form.
August 6, 2021
The assets in the Analytics panel can now be grouped and saved as presets for quick access.
To create a preset, (1) open the Assets filter, (2) select several assets, (3) click Create preset, (4) give your preset a name and (5) save it. Next time you need to access the stats for this group of assets only, (6) select your preset, make sure to (7) unselect All assets and (8) click Apply.
To remove or add items to a preset, (9) expand the list of assets under your preset and (10) click Edit. Make changes to your preset and (11) confirm by clicking Save.
June 17, 2021
The first release of the publisher analytics tracks and reports sales and user behaviour data. The available report helps you better understand the performance of your assets and make informed business decisions. Learn more
- Added media query for extra large viewports to better fit data tables on the screen
- Added system response to guide users who attempt to edit published/pending/disabled/deprecated/rejected packages
Launch discount, improvements and bug fixes
April 19, 2021
Launch discount is introduced as part of the asset submission workflow. This self-service feature allows publishers to apply a discount to new asset packages at launch. Discounts can be applied to any new asset priced $15 or more when it is first published. Publishers get to decide the discount amount (10%, 30%, or 50%) and duration (one or two weeks) themselves.
- Increased the All packages page speed by adding pagination
- Enabled auto-saving for SRP compatibility inputs
- Added failed package upload indicator
- Formatted all timestamps as UTC
- Fixed an issue where the changelog breaks upon creation of a new draft from an existing package. Now, a new draft package contains last release notes.
March 12, 2021
- Fixed email link behaviour in rich text fields
- Fixed cover media issue: a video placed in the first slot of the product page gallery replaces a cover image when published on the storefront. If you still experience the issue, update the package and re-publish your asset.
- Fixed formatting issue: Change log bullet points show up in Preview now
Improved responsive experience
March 2, 2021
In this update, we’ve optimized the mobile experience and fixed accessibility and responsive behavior issues. Publishers can now access and edit package information along with profile settings on mobile devices.
- Added responsive breakpoints to fit layout to any screen width
- Adjusted font size and contrast ratio of the text hints for better accessibility
- Improved filters visibility in All packages view
- Miscellaneous UI fixes
- Fixed issues on Preview mismatching with descriptions when updating a draft package
- Aligned the default template for Technical details with selected asset category
- A few users experienced missing metadata when switching from old portal to beta version, it was caused by an undisplayed error message which should have reminded the user the content is not saved, this is now fixed.
Publisher Portal 2.0 Beta release
February 1, 2021
The public beta release of Publisher Portal 2.0 is available as of February 1, 2021. We will continue to add features over time as we evolve the portal's design and functionality. This first release includes package creation, management and submission functionality, updated localization capability and an improved experience for first-time users.
Package creation and management
- Updated the list of package categories according to the storefront category structure
- Added Compatibility info text field to specify important information about Unity version or URP/HDRP compatibility
- Added Summary and Technical details text fields to match the updates on the product page
- Enabled rich text formatting in product description fields
- Enabled AI-driven keyword suggestions
- Added image cropper for key images
Package submission and vetting
- Introduced the communication of next steps and a timeline after submission of the draft
- Added statuses and estimated position in the vetting queue for pending packages
- Added rejection reasons
First time user experience
- Modified publisher profile creation flow
- Enabled mobile view for Profile page
You can help us improve the experience in the next release by submitting a bug report.
How to publish on the Asset Store